Exercise: Working out several times a week will increase your overall fitness and help you lose weight. To maximize the metabolism benefits of a cardio workout, consider incorporating intervals. Intervals are moments of increased effort during your workout routine. Injecting intense periods of effort that push you to breath harder is a great way to optimize your fitness plan. With the right glute toning exercises, you can lose inches from your bottom in a matter of weeks. Some great butt-tightening moves include:
- Hip lifts
The key, however, is consistency. In order to benefit from any exercise, you have to commit. Before embarking on a rigorous exercise program, consult your doctor.
Diet: A healthy, well balanced diet is an essential part of any weight loss and maintenance program. Everybody is unique, so there is not a one-size-fits-all approach to diet and weight loss. However, there are some general guidelines that can be followed:
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat nutritious meals that include a mix of protein, vitamin-rich vegetables, and whole grains
- Know the caloric intake that is ideal for your weight loss or maintenance program
- Avoid empty calories, such as sugary drinks, sodas, and processed foods
Be cautious of fad diets that leave you feeling deprived or that do not address your fundamental eating habits. Working with your doctor and a professional nutritionist is the best way to ensure that your weight loss and maintenance plan is a healthy and effective one.
Body Sculpting: A Little Outside Help
Unfortunately, an excellent diet and regular exercise may not be enough to fully address stubborn fat in the buttocks and thighs. For individuals who have plateaued with diet and exercise, Dr. Paul Jarrod Frank, a New York board-certified dermatologist and leading fat removal specialist, recommends body sculpting treatments. Some state-of-the-art treatments that he offers at his 5th Avenue Dermatology Surgery and Laser Center include:
- SmartLipo is a minimally invasive laser technology that simultaneously removes fat and tightens the skin.
- VASER is a non-invasive fat removal technique that uses laser technology to destroy fat cells. This treatment combined with SmartLipo can significantly reduce unwanted fat around the bum or thigh area.
If you would like to see how body sculpting can help you achieve the perfect butt, contact Dr. Frank at the 5th Avenue Dermatology Surgery and Laser Center in Manhattan.