Belotero is a dermal filler made by Merz Pharmaceuticals. This filler is similar to Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra and Silicone, all fillers that Dr. Frank has expertise in. Belotero is made of hyaluronic acid (HA), a vital function in our skin. It rehydrates your skin while integrating with your dermal tissue to provide evenness and enhance facial contours to give you natural looking results*. It is administered by dermatologists to treat fine lines around areas such as the eyes and mouth, cheekbones, lips, the back of hands, bridge of noses, and frown lines.
How does Belotero differ from other HA dermal fillers?
- It lasts longer, some patients experience results which last for over a year. Typical results usually last anywhere from six to twelve months*.
- The quality lasts longer. While other HA dermal fillers may last for six months or a bit longer, the quality doesn’t last as long*.
- Dermatologists feel it is better for fine lines around the eyes and mouth because it offers a smoother, more natural finish.
- It does not leave bumps or lumps*. (Other HA dermal fillers may not leave bumps or lumps but dermatologists feel Belotero gives finer results).
- No matter which filler you use, you can expect redness, swelling or slight bruising immediately following the procedure. However, because Belotero is finer, these immediate effects from the procedure seem to be less severe for some.
Before the procedure you will meet with Dr. Frank to discuss realistic expectations as well as possible side effects and what activities you can do immediately following injection. Some people are able to go back to work after the procedure but you will want to avoid exposure to direct sun or heat, physical activity like exercising, smoking and drinking immediately following the procedure.
There may be some local anesthetic used for the injection and Dr. Frank will go over protocol for post treatment, and follow-ups. It is important to remember that this is not a permanent solution but because it is not as invasive and does not use other products which may carry chemicals, dermatologists prefer to use Belotero, Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra and Silicone fillers to help minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
Dr. Frank and his colleagues at The 5th Avenue Dermatology Surgery and Laser Center can answer any questions you may have regarding Belotero or any other dermal fillers. Please call (212) 327-2919 to schedule an appointment today.